Port Orange Cooking and Wine Message Board › Schedule for The Rest of 2013

Schedule for The Rest of 2013

Alicia
AliciaKeenon
Group Organizer
Port Orange, FL
Dear Foodies,

I’m in the process of planning out the rest of the year. Due to business travels on my part and the holidays, I have to think ahead.

This note is to give you some information on the events coming up so you can make decisions based on scheduling and financial considerations. More elaborate descriptions will follow when I post these respective events. (Dates and times are subject to change, however, it’s all fairly firm.)

September 5: Learn to Cook! Adventures with Sauces – the art of making many different sauces and gravies to jazz up any type of food. $60

September 14: Evening in Alabama – My maternal family is from Alabama and they turn out some tasty food. Think fried chicken, grits, greens, bourbon-based drinks, ice box pie, pecan pie, hush puppies, etc. $25

September 21: October Fest! Traditionally always celebrated in September $25

October 5: 5 Ingredient Fix Challenge – our third annual event. It’s a contest! There are prizes! This year it will be hosted by Grace. $10

October 19: EPCOT Food and Wine Festival (I’m not charging for it, but it’s a pricey event)

October 25 (it’s a Friday!): An Evening in Transylvania – We will recreate some of Dracula’s favorite foods. No, wait… we’ll be cooking regional Romanian food. You may come as your evil twin. $25

November 2: Learn to Cook! Adventures with Holiday Dinners – the art of making delicious, no-stress holiday food from scratch (not all turkey-centric, either). All-day event followed by a dinner from what we made! $70

November 9: Farm-to-Table Luncheon and Tour. Thomazin Farm opens its doors (so to speak) to let you explore and pick all manner of organic vegetables. Tour is followed by an elaborate catered lunch comprised of farm-fresh ingredients and local beverages. $30

November 16: Game of Thrones Feast – Multi-course dinner (including drinks) that will be prepared by a team of cooks. Come as your favorite GoT character (or we’ll pick one for you) and enjoy hours of drinking, and eating authentic GoT dishes in the Great Hall. $50

December 7: Holiday Cookie Exchange – bring one batch of cookies to swap, and spend an afternoon with delicious munchies and mulled wine to get into the holiday spirit. $15

This concludes 2013. We will start back up in January with a fun Evening in… I’m also planning a few different things for 2014, so stay tuned!
Deliciously,
Alicia