addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Portland Casual Jams (for Musicians and Singers) Message Board › Contemporary/Modern/Alternative Sign-up Sheet

Contemporary/Modern/Alternative Sign-up Sheet

Rob "Bodhi" W.
bodhiwolf
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Post #: 42
If you're interesting in attending a Contemporary/Modern/Alternative jam session, write down the following information, the best you can ...

Name
instrument you play (or multiple instruments)
preferred musical influences in this genre (or a sample favourite song in this genre)

Additional information which is important to note down ...

can you provide ...
- equipment (P.A., mixer, amp, spare instruments)
- a venue (garage, large spare room, empty office building on weekends, etc.)
- are you willing to help others coordinate? i.e., are you willing to take up the torch and be a project leader on this little endeavour?
- Scheduling preferences for times to jam (i.e. when can you come out and play, not the times that are bad for you)

/////////////////////
Here is my example:

I am actually signing up for this one.

Rob "Bodhi" Wolff
Vocals, secondary Guitar (not lead), keyboards
Preferred style -- Matchbox Twenty, Dave Matthews, Our Lady Peace, Tragically Hip, Coldplay, Counting Crows, Goo-Goo Dolls, Maroon 5, Pearl Jam, Radiohead

- I have my own gear (keyboard, guitars), plus a P.A. and mixer
- I have enough space for about 8 musicians to jam with full equipment
- I would be willing to help coordinate
- I would prefer Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons
A former member
Post #: 9
Hi Rob,

I am a local writer/composer/visual artist - I am not a virtuoso performer, but good with percussion. My most recent tool is the Roland Handsonic, which is a lot of fun. I also play the Armenian duduk and sometimes tend to veer into vocal/spoken word improvisations. Stuff with an edge, in general. A mix of music styles.

I have a ProTools setup and a bunch of instruments at home, and would love to have events here too, if an alternative space is needed. I could help coordinate.

My music: www.soundclick.com/AMolotkov

Cheers!

AM
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey Bodhi:

Yeah, I'm down for this.

Info:
Don Colliver
lead vocals, rhythm guitar, basic bass (roots)
Coldplay, the Killers, Foo Fighters, Rufus Wainright, Jeff Buckley, Imogen Heap

- gear: acoustic guitar, bass/ small amp, vocal mic and stand
- I'd be willing to help coordinate
- I'd prefer Thursday/ Friday evenings, or Saturday/ Sunday days.
Deanna
user 9151752
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
Yes!!! I'm up for this. Would love to do some Dave Mathews also. Throw in some Chris Cornell I'm there.

I have a small amp but I'm usually unplugged. I do not know any cover material on guitar, but give me the chords I can play rythm etc.

-Sat/Sunday afternoons are good so are Friday nights.
-Willing to help out just let me know what is needed
-can purchase mike/stand if needed
-Vocals = Lead, backup, harmony

JohnnyB
user 4055196
Portland, OR
Post #: 4
Yep, I'm interested. Would love to connect with more musicians. I do lead and harmony vocals, play acoustic six & twelve string, electric strat guitars. Also have a Roland Fantom X6 keyboard. Just learning some harmonica.

I have a large downstairs room in my SW Portland home that could easily accommodate 8-10 players. Equipment includes one large, one small amp, mic w/stand, other odd s...

Musical tastes run to folk rock, alt rock, country, some new-age stuff on keyboards. Major influences include B. Dylan, J. Browne, N. Young, W. Zevon, R. Wainwright, B. Raitt, T. Petty, D. Hensley, D. Gilmour, M. Knoppfler, and many more.

Sat/Sun afternoons good as are Friday nights. Glad to help set things up.