This is a group to organize casual get togethers for drivers, and would-be drivers, of Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive vehicles who live in Oregon and southwest Washington, mostly in the Portland metro area. Visitors are always welcome. We like to get together and chat over a beer and lunch, though you are not required to have either.
We started as a Prius group, when the Prius was the only HSD car. Now that there are Hybrid Camrys (HyCams) and Highlander Hybrids (HiHys) we are broadening the group to include all HSD vehicles. We share knowledge, insight, and opinion about the smartest cars on the road today. Join, tell your HSD driving friends to check out PortlandHSD.info, and come have a good time, a good chat, and let's have some fun! You can also follow us on Twitter.
Great News! As a group member you can now join betterworldclub and get a discount as well as helping support the group. Click the betterworldclub logo for more information.
We're also affiliated with
to help find greener, more sustainable organizations to do business with.
If you are new to all things HSD,
there are several websites which will help you learn more about the smartest cars on the road!
- Toyota's HSD site is a great place to start and join the global community of HSD drivers.
- PriusChat has a wealth of information and thousands of members, including several Prius techs.
- PriusOnline is similar, but more text based, and some members are also on PriusChat.
- VFAQ is organized for quick answers to common questions about various facets of the Prius.
- Yahoo Prius 2G claims to be the original Prius group, but there are 111 Groups on Yahoo related to the Prius or hybrids.
- John1701a is a Prius owner who had written much material about both his classic and HSD Prius. His User Guide is a lot easier to understand than the Toyota Owner's Manual. Also short tutorials on oil changes, wiper replacement, and cabin air-filter replacement.
- The Prius Owners Group is also out there with new, information, and commentary.
- Wiki Books is an evolving FAQ on the Prius.
- Wikipedia also contains great material comparing HSD vehicles, with links deeper.
- HybridChat, like PriusChat which came first and is run by the same people, hosts lots of users with lots of information on all hybrid vehicles.
- Edmund's Camry Hybrid discussion groups are getting going too.
- Edmund's Highlander Hybrid discussion groups cover several topics.
- 108 Tips for better milage from ecomodder.com.
- EcoDriving is part of a world wide movement to get better fuel efficiency. The USA site has a wealth of ideas.
- Toyota's EcoDriving site on Toyota's main Japanese site (in English) is about their initiative to prevent global warming.
Many people are annoyed by the back-up beep that only sounds inside the Prius.
Here's how to turn it off.
Also look in the files section for
What to do?
if you see something odd. And post a message to contribute!
We've talked about Carbon Offset programs and "green power".
Carbon Reduction Reference Links
We've talked about Prius