addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Portland NaNo Message Board › Summer Writing, Upcoming Events and More

Summer Writing, Upcoming Events and More

A former member
Hi all!

It's finally summer in Portland! Yay! Come out and write with us!

In addition to the regular calendared write-ins there are a few happenings you should be aware of in the near future.

Gone Campin'

August 1 will be the start of another session of Camp NaNoWriMo. Sign up now to get your bunk assignments in order. From the website: Camp NaNoWriMo provides the online support, tracking tools, and hard deadline to help you write the rough draft of your novel in a month… other than November! You get all the online support and tracking capabilities of the nanowrimo.org site but in August instead of November. Give it a try.

Wordstock!

We've been contacted by the Salem NaNoWriMo municipal liaisons, who would like to share a booth with us at this year's Wordstock Festival, held October 11-14 this year. (Right before NaNo! The timing couldn't be better!) I've contacted the Office of Letters and Light and they have given us their blessing to represent local NaNo at this amazing event, and may even be able to give us some swag to give away at the booth. So we need to raise $500 to cover our half of the booth costs.

Donate on our WePay campaign page and Sign Up for a booth shift at Helper Sign Up.

Membership Dues

I have put this off for as long as I financially can, but I have just instated membership dues for participation in this meetup site. Here's the deal folks. It's $10 a year. That's it. But if all 216 of you paid, we'd have enough to pay a year's worth of meetup organizer dues, have some stellar NaNoWriMo kick-off and TGIO events, be able to host the Soiree of Furious Typing for free, and still probably be able to give a donation to Office and Letters and Light each year. Please give what you can and thank all of you for your continued support of our little writer's group.

What's Missing?

As always, if there's anything missing from your Portland NaNo experience, the power is in your hands to make it better.  Any member can suggest a meetup. You can always contact me with feedback and suggestions.

Write on!

Heather Ohana
Portland NaNoWriMo co-ML
http://www.meetup.com...­