addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Portland NaNo Message Board › NaNo is coming...

NaNo is coming...

A former member
Hi all,
Don't freak out, but it's almost October. And that means it's almost November. And that means it's time to start preparing for NaNoWriMo.

I got my ML kit in the mail, so I have stickers and window clings (and lots of other goodies). If you plan on writing regularly in a place about town, please come get a window cling from me and/or tell me about the place and I'll go ask them to put one up. And be thinking about when and where you'd like to have write-ins this year. Mark is already planning a weekly jazz write-in on Monday nights. I will likely host an early morning weekday downtown, and an afternoon weekend in SE.

Kim and I are planning a planning meeting in the next couple of weeks. Please let us know if you'd like to be involved. The more volunteers we get the more time all of us organizers have to write along with you folks. Let's spread the love and share the load. Tasks include media promotion, fundraising and prize donation acquisition, catering procurement, location scouting and booking, write-in hosting, and cheerleading. We've got three events to plan, very little money and a short amount of time. We can totally do this. :)

Wordstock is happening soon. While we didn't raise enough money to have a booth at the event, I will again throw out the possibility of a Portland NaNo write-in/meetup during Wordstock. Hop on the meetup and let me know if you're interested.

Some of our members have discovered that the Vancouver region will be hosting a midnight write-in at the Portland Airport to start off the writing month. I've been asked to look into whether or not the Portland region can crash the party. Details soon.

Please consider paying meetup dues! The next $72 payment for the meetup site hosting is due at the end of October. Of our 230+ members, 2 have paid dues (thank you both very much). It's only $10. You can also pay by cash or check by finding me at a write-in.

Write on!
Heather Ohana aka blackdotbug
http://nanowrimo.org­
­http://meetup.com/Por...­