addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Portland Metro Area Organizer Meetup Message Board › Need a venue, Share a venue

Need a venue, Share a venue

Karen M.
user 10932799
Portland, OR
Post #: 134
I am always looking for places to hold meetings. So where do you hold yours? Share yours and I'll share mine. Please include info such as:
Name, address, phone, contact person, fees if any, hours available, food and drink available, is it a good place for a speaker/presentation (i.e quiet, place to project an image or a tv to hook a computer into), good place for a social gathering, any other pertinent info.

Karen M.
user 10932799
Portland, OR
Post #: 135
Madison's Grill
1109 SE Madison St
Portland, OR 97214
(503) 230-2471
Don't remember the contact, just call and ask to use their upstairs.
They have an upstairs loft with tables, chairs, pool table. If you need it, they can put up a screen.
It is open so it can be noisy if the downstairs is busy.
They will let you order food and drink individually. They appreciate name tags.
No fees for use.
Available whenever they are open, make reservations to use it.
Holds 20-30.
A former member
Post #: 89

it ry depends on the type of venues that your group holds which will provide a various array/amount of places to hold your meet up events.

A former member
Post #: 36
Good idea. Venues are the most difficult thing for my wife and I, as organizers. I'll list our best finds so far below, but I'm wondering, is there any kind of feature for seeing whether another meetup is using a venue? I really don't want to go somewhere and find we're in another group's way, any more than I want another group making one of our meetups work poorly...

The Space Room Lounge -- not a large space, but the "space room" side is usually pretty empty, well lit, and open late. Sadly, they have added some local DJ nights and such, so they are only useful to my meetup Monday and Tuesday. They have food and drink if you want it, but no free refills and no desserts. Has a parking lot! 4800 SE Hawthorne

McMenamins on Broadway -- nice, large space that's not brightly lit, but fairly open at least on weeknights. Has a pretty nice back room you can probably arrange the use of. Mainly street parking. 1504 NE Broadway

Fred Meyer cafe area -- depends on the Fred Meyer and the meetup. We use one for our Beaverton meetups, and the tables are small but we can stay until 11pm. Lots of parking.

Any mall's food court area. We were having good success with the Lloyd Center, but they do start noisily cleaning somewhere after 9pm, and you'll pretty much have to leave by 10pm. It's rather an attractive space, especially for a food court. Well lit. Unlimited parking, and right on a MAX line.
user 59999892
Lake Oswego, OR
Post #: 1

For meeting in a restaurant, I like Old Wives Tales. The East Dining Room holds approx. 30 people, and there is no charge, although it is courteous to order food. There is a regular power outlet at each end of the room and a door that can be closed. There is a large window in the room (that looks into the restaurant) so it would not be a good place to show videos, TV, etc., but is great for discussions over meals, any time of day. They also have a couple of other spaces for smaller groups.

Their menu is fresh, healthy, homemade food with many choices for special diets including gluten free. Another plus....there is a Kid's room where children can play during the meeting. The rooms are next to each other so it could get a little loud...depending on the kids of course. This has not been a problem for us so far.

Old Wives Tales
1300 East Burnside
Portland, OR 97214

Hours: Sun-Thu, 8 am to 8 pm
Fri-Sat, 8 am - 9 pm

--> Old Wives Tales Website
A former member
Post #: 92

The only time I have encountered another group at the same place at the same time was when the meet up was posted in more than one group for the same meet up event such as last Halloween where the meet up was posted in three different groups advertising the same event in order to get more people to attend.

As in some of my favorite meet up locations;

1. The Farmhouse Restuarant
Off of 82nd & SE Powell Blvd
Great food at reasonable prices with huge portions
Nice Country Home setting atmosphere

2. Patty's Homeplate Cafe
St Johns area of North Portlan on N Lombard
Great food at cheap prices but huge portions
50's Diner with old RX Drug Store Soda Fountain Bar

3. Tom Restaurant
Corner of 39th (Cesar Chavez Blvd) & SE Division
Great food at reasonable prices and great portion sizes
Family style dining

To name a few. I have many more on my list.......
A former member
Post #: 37
The only time I have encountered another group at the same place at the same time was when the meet up was posted in more than one group for the same meet up event
That's nice, but I have seen several accidental meetup crossings in some other meetups and have a couple groups I need to check over if I change my schedule, so I don't hit their days.

Obviously, if people are sharing favorite venues, it becomes significanly more likely for two groups to go to the same place. There are only so many days of the week.