1. Send an e-mail to the trip leader no later than the day before to cancel your participation if:
a. You do not like the weather conditions or the water temperature
b. You do not believe your skill level matches the current flow conditions
2. Make sure your clothing is suitable for the weather and water conditions.
3. Bring sufficient safe drinking water for your trip.
4. Protect yourself from the sun with a hat, sun block and UV blocking or polarized sunglasses.
5. Know the location of boat launches and access points along the trip by downloading a map. Clearly understand where the takeout point is.
6. Leave a trip/float plan with a friend, spouse, or other reliable individual. Give them the contact information for the trip leader.
7. Have a basic first aid kit, tools and spare parts required for your boat.
8. Bring the safety gear required by the State regulations governing the specific river. All trips require participants to wear a properly fitted PFD. Check that your safety gear is in working order.
9. Do not participate in a trip for which you do not have the necessary water craft skills. Obtain training prior to participating.
10. Bring a two-way radio if you have one.
11. Bring your cell phone in a waterproof container if you have one.
12. Understand what time you must be at the take-out point and do not be late.
13. If you have a medical condition that might require assistance (ex. reaction to a bee sting), provide written instructions to the trip leader on what to do and accept the fact that there will be no trained medical professionals on the trip. You should not go on a trip if you have a condition that could require rapid evacuation since trips occur in remote locations. In addition, do not go if your condition is one that requires a trained first responder to treat.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Big Fish Page||February 7, 2013 1:56 PM||former member|
|Float Maps||January 26, 2013 11:37 AM||former member|
|River Conditions||April 13, 2012 2:41 PM||former member|
|Recommended Trip Participant Checklist||April 13, 2012 2:36 PM||former member|
|Recommended Trip Leader Checklist||April 13, 2012 2:33 PM||former member|
|Waiver of Liability||June 2, 2012 8:26 AM||former member|
|About Potomac River Smallmouth Club||January 16, 2013 7:37 PM||former member|