Are you investing enough time and energy to secure the type of financing needed to create a valuable business? The default option of bootstrapping is often a tortured existence/ slow death for many digital health startups. At this month's Meetup, you can meet with seasoned investors and entrepreneurs to explore better pathways to investment success.
PrIME's April Meetup will explore good investment strategies and resources for digital health ventures of all levels of maturity in Colorado, from bootstrap to crowdfunding and investment banking.
Background: Digital health incubator Rock Health reports an increase in funding for startups in the first quarter of 2013; with thirty-seven digital health deals valued at a total of $365 million (35 percent higher than the first quarter of 2012). The uptick in venture investment was matched by several acquisitions, including United Health Group’s buy-up of Humedica. Venture investors ranged from Merck Global Health Innovation, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, and Sequoia Capital. Audax Health, led by a 23-year-old college dropout, raised $21 million from former Apple CEO John Sculley.
7:30-7:40 Welcome // Call to Order
- Pam Peccolo,Executive Director, PrIME Health Collaborative
7:40-8:50 Panel Discussion // The digital health funding landscape
- David Gold,Managing Director, Access Venture Partners
- Nicole Gravagna,Director of Operations, Rockies Venture Club
- Scott Kozak,CEO, Kozak & Associates
- Joni Kripal,Owner, galeforce advisor, and health care tech angel investor
- Dave Milliken,Co-Founder and CEO, Grofolio
8:50-9:00 other business and announcements