I love this time of the year:
• I love the holy days and the solstice.
• I love the darkening, the turn around and the gradual lightening.
• I love the call I feel at this time to slow down, reflect, turn both in and out, and ask some questions that are intended to shape the coming year.
Maybe the darkness we experience in the northern hemisphere at this time, just after the solstice, when the light is slowly coming back, maybe this is a perfect time to reflect on the last spin, and look towards the next.
Would you like to join me? Would you like to be part of a three hour workshop that will deepen this time of year, and send you forth with a real sense of encouragement about 2014?
Unfortunately, there is a common way to do planning at this time of the year that is almost guaranteed to lead to discouragement (which we don’t want to do!). To understand this better, read this short excerpt from Carl Buchheit’s article, “Why New Year’s Resolutions Don’t Work” (http://nlpmarin.com/why-new-year%E2%80%99s-resolutions-don%E2%80%99t-work/):
"The main reason New Year’s resolutions don’t work for most of us most of the time is because it operates by imagining a different future and then putting that future into conflict with the version of us who is doing the imagining in the present…We have attempted to ally ourselves with the future self against the present self…The difference between a resolution and a re-solution is the difference between doing something that actually works for New Year’s and doing something that seems like it’s supposed to work, but is not actually intended to work. A re-solution is something that does not set a future plan against a present reality…"
This is that workshop, in service to our next great spin around the sun. Let’s make some re-solutions!
This workshop will include:
• We’re going to start off by appreciating the best of the last year (as Carl says, we need to make sure that the future plan isn’t set against our present reality, no matter how difficult it may be), and intentionally bring the best of who we’ve been and what we’ve experienced forward.
• We’re going to inquire into “What we want” to make sure it’s what we really want, so our conscious and unconscious minds are in rapport about that.
• We’re going to do change work so that we can smooth out any unconscious objections to what we would most like.
• We’re going to feel encouraged and supported.
• We’re going to have fun!
Join me for a deep three hours of empowering ourselves and each other, and moving forward into the year with delight and joy.
To register: Register and pay on meetup, or go to http://leslienipps.com/calendarevents/new-years-workshop/, or contact me at [masked].
Refund Policy: 100% refund until 48 hours before start of workshop. After that, there is no refund.