addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Practical Solutions for Organizing Your Home Message Board › Most old items have a value, but... I'm right in this case?

Most old items have a value, but... I'm right in this case?

chrissy
user 2859292
Gallupville, NY
Post #: 53
Is it true when people say one woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure? Yes, we should donate stuff that is in good condition and clean. The last month I have given 3 bags of clothes to the Salvation Army. But i think we have to respect the difference between donating something that poor people could reasonably need, versus just trying to foist our clutter off on someone else and make ourselves feel better because we "donated it". You need an example, i have one. Those 17!!! years old full-leather boots have been sitting for 15!!! years on the bottom of my closet:

The tubey shafts and the stiff old leather... Ugggggh, yuck! From I understand the waste bill of the Salvation Army is huge enough. So I did it. Compacted these very old boots as small as possible and stuffed them straight into the big black kitchen garbage bag. I´m all for donating, but in this case... these 17yrs old boots were real waste with an eww-factor. Most old items have a value, but this pair... "worth": 0,00 dollar - and not one cent more! Do you agree with me? I'm right in this case?