Group meets 6 Mondays beginning July 14. Tuition of $95 covers all six meetings.
This study group allows each person the opportunity to explore multiple dreams over the course of six weeks. We focus on methods that help us enter the imaginal world of our dreams in order to understand what they reveal about ourselves and our lives.
In a small group setting limited to eight people, we will learn and practice:
• techniques for remembering dreams
• three essential steps in understanding dreams
• experiential methods of working with dreams, including dialoguing with inner figures — a process Jung called active imagination — creative expression, and ritual
We will also look at 4 ways that dreams help us grow:
• dreams help us contact the healing intelligence of the unconscious
• dreams can reveal and support the release of hidden emotions
• dreams open us to the imagination and stimulate creativity
• dreams help us connect with and integrate the archetypal energies at work in our lives
C. G. Jung, the founder of analytical psychology, wrote that “dreams fetch up the essential points” from the unconscious related to our suffering and orient us to the places within us where attention and healing are needed. An important reason to work with dreams lies in amplifying images to the point where the ego experiences its connection to the archetypal world in a healing manner. Through assimilation, numinous experiences in dreams are capable of producing lasting transformation in a dreamer’s personality.