Preparedness 101 Message Board › The "Best" Survival Handgun

The "Best" Survival Handgun

Kenneth B.
Bornofthehorses
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 130
If I may been some good points (over all) here's my direct points if SHTF is in full swing and the gubuerment has taken your resupply hostage. As in if you can not write a law to outlaw what you want to control you buy up all the supply of brass/rounds. It comes to your going to run out of rounds you better be able to reload, to include know how to make powder/primer that fire way more then not. Have the brass available too reload, that fit the gun you can hit a 2 legged animal center mass left up with 95% (or something major on it 100%)of the time with, to include anything smaller/larger to eat. If not then forget the handgun all together there is no best for you at that moment when it was needed the most, stick to a rifle and distance oh and paper targets/cans/ trees/water bottles do not shoot back. My call Sandhawk1 58, 14 years ARMY and 17 years Private Sector on 4 land masses Tucson Sector now been fully supplied, been out there with nothing but crap.

Ken
Lead Follow or Get the Hell Out of the Way
Joshua H.
user 25429392
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 2
Well...to go along with other here; the "best" is the one that you have in your hand when you need it. Further than that I would say one that:

1. Fits your hand. To include your weak hand.
2. One that has the least amount of malfunctions. Ammo issues aside here.
3. One that has no more malfunctions from unusual firing positions, than it does from weaver or isosceles.
4. One that is easy to field strip without any special tools.

With 3 in mind, I would not choose a plastic Glock. They are very prone to "limp wrist" malfunctions.
Here is what I am talking about: http://www.youtube.co...­

But with all of that said; no handgun is truly better than another if you don’t train with it. And train the right way too.