Quantified Self Ann Arbor Message Board › Get excited about tonight's QS meetup

Get excited about tonight's QS meetup

Spencer C.
user 88269112
Group Organizer
Grand Rapids, MI
Hi All,

Just wanted to send a quick note about tonight's meetup and what you should expect.
1. Location:
I have no idea how easy this room will be to find. Call if you need help, my cell is 616.635.1312. I'll also try and put up wayfinding signs (if they let me / are needed).
2. Agenda & topics:
I sat with Dr. Haig a while back at the food co-op drinking coffee and shots of salted beet juice. We didn't have an agenda but did have a mutual respect for what the other was doing. I think during our conversation we covered the following topics: Mentality of high performance athletes, the people in San Fran working on the internet at the very beginning, techniques for effective rehab, Quantified Self, dyslexia, Dali Lama, Tibet, telemedicine, startups, and rural America.
I believe Dr.Haig's greatest strength is a shocking ability to recognize and articulate the core of a topic. He said a couple things to me that have since changed my entire view on setting goals specifically when it comes to BHAG's.  Here is a link to a blog post I wrote about the topic.
Cheers,
Spencer