addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Quantified Self Seattle Message Board › Here's the plan for the December 11th QS Seattle Meetup

Here's the plan for the December 11th QS Seattle Meetup

A former member
Hey Seattle QS-ers!
The next meetup is less than one week away, on Tuesday December 11th! Have you RSVP'd? (48 of you have already - can't wait to see you!)

We'll be in the YearUp Puget Sound space again, at 2607 2nd Ave. Come on up to the second floor.

Here's the plan:
6pm: Drinks & food

7pm: Show & tell talks:

• Erik Kennedy - Qualified Self: Self-learning through personal mini-experiments
  • Danny Dover - Lessons from self tracking around lifelisting, travel, and happiness
  • Amelia Greenhall - GOLD STAR: tracking the things you want to do in order to try to make yourself do them more

7:45pm: mini-WORKSHOPS:
**** Bring your data to the meetup! ****** (anything you have, in whatever form - it's all good!)
Breakout session 1: Data visualization 
Talk about and experiment with different ways of visualizing your data. How might you get new insights by looking at it visually?
Breakout session 2: Plan a self experiment. 
How do I pick what to track? How can I use controls, how long should I experiment?  (perfect if you don't have any data to bring yet...)
Breakout session 3: Planning your talk
I maybe sorta kinda want to give a QS talk... how do I do that? 
Breakout session 4: Data analysis. 
Want to dig into the stats in your data and maybe find some correlations? We'll do a few live examples.
AJOURN TO THE PUB: 9pm on the dot.
In the spirit of QS London (motto: "The Pub is essential") we're going to be super strict about our 9pm end time. All who wish to continue the fascinating conversations that are bound to start in the breakout sessions will retire to Buckley's on 2nd (two blocks down) for a beer and further geeking out. (This was amazing last time!)
See you Tuesday!
Here's that RSVP link again.
Bring your data,
Amelia Greenhall and David Reeves
PS - We had six fantastic talks last time, covering theology­, psychology for members of the military, pushups­, stress­, sleep­ and personal growth.
PPS - Did you know that there's going to be plenty of delicious Whole Foods snacks and drink? (Thanks, Marcelo­ andEverymove­!)