Quranic Reflection Message Board › Quran Study Meetup Reminder

Quran Study Meetup Reminder

Sahdi
sahdimaleeq
Group Organizer
Corona, CA
Salam All,

This is a reminder that Dr Sultan Abdulhameed will be presenting on the following verse this Sunday:

Sura 15 Ayas 28–33

Behold! Your Lord said to the angels: I am about to create the human being from clay and mud molding it into shape.

When I have fashioned him and breathed My spirit into him, bow down prostrating to him.

So all the angels bowed except Iblis; he refused to be with those who prostrated.

“O Iblis,” said God, “why is it you are not with those who prostrated?”

He said, “I am not going to bow before the human being whom you made by molding clay and mud into shape.”

This allegorical description of the origin of the human being contains several important truths. One is that God has infused His spirit in mankind. That is why nothing is impossible for a human being. The spirit in us has the resourcefulness to make life into what we want. We have to switch our focus away from thinking of ourselves merely as bodies toward remembering that the divine spirit lives in each of us.

The purpose of our meeting is to discuss the nature of the spirit and how it can be harnessed to make our lives meaningful and happy.

Please arrive on time.

Thanks

Sadi