addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

RC Photo Club Message Board › Free (to RC Photo Club members) Action Sports Workshop at Glen Helen Raceway

Free (to RC Photo Club members) Action Sports Workshop at Glen Helen Raceway on September 11...

Robert L.
ralarock
Hesperia, CA
Post #: 26
Hi all,

I'm offering another Action Sports Photography Workshop at Glen Helen Raceway on September 11th. This is an exciting opportunity to photograph motocross racers in action!

The skills required to capture images of motocross racers in mid flight or whizzing by in a turn are much the same as they are for any fast moving sport: knowing the sport, planning the shot and capturing the peak of the action. I will cover these concepts in a short lecture/discussion period. Then we'll head out to the track to give it a go. To be successful requires considerable practice. To help ease you into it, I use a graduated learning approach. First, we'll work on shot planning, general camera technique and timing. Then, once we are comfortable with that, we'll refine our skills: zooming in tighter, paying more attention to light and working on refining exposure to get interesting effects.

No experience shooting sports or motocross is required, but this workshop is for intermediate to advanced photographers. You should be very familiar with setting up and operating your camera. You will need to take pictures quickly. You should also understand how varying shutter speed and aperture effects an image.

This all day event is free to RC Photo Club members in good standing. We will start promptly at 8:00 AM at Glen Helen Raceway. So, plan to be a little early to settle in. We'll be there until 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

Participation is first come/first served and is limited to 6 people. RC Photo club members have priority from now until the end of the RC Photo Club meeting on September 1st. After that I will open it up to others. So, if you are interested, let me know ASAP. You can send an email to ralarock_at_hotmail.com (replace the _at_ with @, of course) expressing your interest. I will send you more detailed information about the workshop.

I hope to see you at Glen Helen.

Bob LaRock