addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

RDU - Groovy Users Group (Grails, Griffon, Gradle, GORM) Message Board › New Group = New Members

New Group = New Members

Ernie P.
erniep888
Raleigh, NC
Hello fellow Springers, Grooviers, and Grailers,

In my career, I have been lucky enough to experiment with various web frameworks from Microsoft to Ruby on Rails.  Recently, I decided to compare ASP.NET MVC 4 with Grails 2 and publish the findings on my blog.  Three posts later, I concluded that Grails 2 was superior to ASP.NET MVC for open source development and possibly also for most professional web projects.

This experience had me searching for more people in the RDU area with Spring, Groovy, or Grails enthusiasm.  Realizing that there was not a meetup group in our area, I decided to create one.  To that end, thank you for joining.

I want our group to be defined by the needs and expectations of the members.  It is my hope that we can share experiences, share code, share ideas, and learn from one another.  I plan to setup a meeting for the end of July or the beginning of August.  Please watch for the Meetup post.

For the first meeting, I would like to begin with a focus on the relationships between Spring, Groovy, and Grails.  Depending on the size of the group and the interest levels, it may make sense to dedicate future Meetups to Spring, Groovy, or Grails individually.  For example, Spring is an amazing set of frameworks that could have many interesting topics on its own.

Also, coming August 24-26, there is the Research Triangle Software Symposium being held in Durham.  This is part of the No Fluff Just Stuff (NFJS) series (http://www.nofluffjus...­) and I highly recommend it.

Please feel free to email me directly with your ideas for our first meeting or with any random thoughts.

Thanks,

Ernie Paschall