We've a feature packed Developer Group meetup scheduled for 3/4/14.
The Main Deal
Force.com MVP Patrick Connelly (@aelst), featured below pondering why humans would be testing apex, will be giving a talk on Apex Testing for Humans. I've seen a preview outline of his talk, and it's feature packed with tips, tricks and just plain "oh... why didn't I think of that?" moments.
AssertEquals('Stumping the Chump', 'Winning a prize');
We'll have Salesforce MVP James Loghry (thats him below)
(@dancinllama) with us for a rousing game of Stump the Chump. Ideally the questions we throw at James should be at least tangentially related to Salesforce / Force.com so bring your hardest, most vexing questions about Apex, Visualforce, unladen african swallows and mid-1800's midwestern politics to the meeting. (Also, whats up with his twitter name?)
A big deal:
Can't make the meetup because you live somewhere not as awesome as RTP, or because you work for the man who won't let you go. I have good news! If you've ever even *thought* about RTP, you can be an honorary member, and well, if your boss won't let you come... (Damn the man!) We're going to try to record everything, including stump the chump. Sadly you'll have to be there to win a prize, but you'll still have access to the awesomeness. Tweet me @codefriar, or hit me up via email kjp @ twittername . com and we'll get you added to the webex!
• 11:30am, Greetings, Salutations, and Food (Provided. So RSVP.)
• 11:45am, Announcements, Job Openings and the public tarring and feathering of a bad recruiter.
• All professional recruiters are required to apologize for their industry before announcing openings.
• Noonish, Apex Testing for Humans by Patrick Connelly (@Aelst).
• 12:30ish, Stump the Chump with James Loghry and prizes.
• 12:50, Rtp Force.com DG (projector) screen of Fame.
• Done something cool with Salesforce / Force.com ? Did it involve development? Email me at kjp@ twitter-name .com, or tweet me @codefriar and we'll put your lovely mug on the Screen of Fame. 90 seconds to pimp your skillz with a video, or 3 slides of what you did. (Air horns will be used within the library to enforce the 90 second limit.)