In this event, we'll get the inside story on building two Rails based
SaaS platforms: Brightcove's App Cloud mobile product and Bytelight's indoor GPS product.
Presenters will discuss:
- Overview of the product including a demo
- Product-specific challenges and design decisions
- Platform architecture
- What gems they are using to help create their architecture
- How they plan to deal with scalability issues
- Data considerations, including pros and cons of SQL and NoSQL stores
Some of today's largest web applications run on Rails. Rails has shown that it can scale just as well as any other web technology, and through the power of Ruby, developers can focus more on their application and less on their infrastructure.
Come hear about Rails development in action. You'll learn all about
some of the unique challenges developers face and how to overcome them using a wide variety of technologies that partner with Ruby on Rails. You'll learn about the technical considerations every app developer should make during development.
Scott Tamosunas - Architect Brightcove
Dan Ryan - CTO Bytelight
Each presenter to do a 10-15 min product demo, a 20-25 min
presentation on the topic areas, and 5 mins for questions. Between
each presentation we will take a 15 min break for networking.