They have retained me to recruit an aspiring CTO to build their engineering team, and to lead the technology development of their small company poised for "rocket-ride" growth, accessible to candidates in the Boston, MA /Metrowest area as well as Providence, RI.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Leading the technical development of web applications serving up map-based, data heavy information products
• Solving challenging problems working with massive datasets that include crime statistics, schools, lifestyles, neighborhoods and more
• Working in an Agile, TDD environment writing code you can be proud of
• Keeping existing products up-to-date with the latest technologies, architectures, and standards
• Helping build a nimble engineering team with potential path to CTO
• Collaborating with PhD Geographers and Statisticians to create new, disruptive products
What’s In it For You?
• Major opportunity to build your own team with potential path to CTO position
• Casual fun working environment, solving some of the most exhilarating Big Data problems in the industry, alongside a team that’s as passionate as you are about this stuff!
• Competitive salary, stock options for you to participate in company success, and great benefits (401(k), 100% medical coverage, 11 paid holidays)
• Great work/life balance, with 40-45 hour work weeks the norm!
• Long-term stability with a venture backed start up that is already profitable and growing
• Investors include the Founders of MapQuest and CoreLogic
Desired Skills & Experience:
• A BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar; MS preferred
• 5+ years designing and implementing complex, data-heavy e-commerce systems
• Self-directed time management, documentation and communication skills
• To be passionate about your craft
• Extensive RoR app dev experience with merchant processing capabilities
• An ideal candidate would also possess:
o Experience with all aspects/tiers of web and mobile web app development
o Strong Unix skills including API/data mining experience
o Scaling and performance tuning of high-traffic, data-heavy sites
Small, high-end geospatial analysis Company born of university research, specializing in location-based decision-making tools:analytics, information and data.They license geospatial risk analytics and SaaS products for a host of business to business applications, and run the largest neighborhood search engine in the world, and “the most trusted source for choosing a neighborhood,” according to Money® Magazine.
IF interested, please submit resume with cover letter.
Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort[masked]