Boston Ruby on Rails Meetup Group Message Board › A letter from the organizers of Boston Ruby on Rails Meetup

A letter from the organizers of Boston Ruby on Rails Meetup

Adam K.
user 4819069
Somerville, MA
Hello everyone,

My name is Adam Kenger. I am one of the organizers of the Boston Ruby on Rails Meetup Group and a Principal Consultant at Cantina (http://www.cantina.co...­. To all of our new members, I’d like to extend a warm welcome. To all of our longer-term members, I’d like to take this opportunity to apologize for the lack of activity and scheduled events over the last many months. I’m writing today to let you know that that’s going to change! We have been very busy moving our office from Newton Center to Boston’s Innovation District (320 Congress St., Boston). We now have a great space right in our office to host Meetup events are looking forward to seeing a lot of you.

We know that there has been some confusion as to if and how this group is related to the great folks at The Boston Ruby Group (http://BostonRB.org)...­. We apologize for any confusion that this has created and wanted to let everyone know that it wasn’t our intent at all. For the record, there is no affiliation between the two groups. Now that we are in the same neighborhood, we actually hope to be able to collaborate a bit with them. We’ll also make certain we don’t schedule any conflicting events and hopefully will perhaps even co-sponsor some events.

We’re still trying to put together a calendar of discussion topics as well as figure out an official Meetup schedule, but definitely stay tuned for updates. We are also looking to the group for any ideas on things to cover and suggestions for Meetup discussions. We’re open to talking anything Ruby (and even things that aren’t) but our primary focus is going to be real-world integration and application of Ruby (and Rails). At Cantina, we often use the full Rails stack (or even a thinner Ruby stack like Sinatra) combined with things like SOLR, Backbone and Angular to solve real business problems. We’d love to share some of those experiences with the group and create a platform for you to share your experiences and questions. We saw a suggestion for a chat about Rails/Backbone/Node etc. We love that suggestion and it’s going to be the first topic for our new series! If you have ideas, please send them to us or post them online.

That said, I will be scheduling our next Boston Ruby on Rails Meetup Group event for Thursday, June 20 right here at the Cantina offices – 320 Congress St. in Boston starting at 6:30PM. Food and beverages will be supplied.

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Adam Kenger
Organizer
Boston Ruby on Rails Meetup Group