A former member
Post #: 1
A lot of people at the gym have been inquiring about Yoga. I do teach in the area, although they are limited at the moment. I do, however, have a small network of other Yoga teachers.

If anyone is interested in Yoga in the area I have just started a new tribe. We are trying to find free or at least cheap classes going on where people can gather and share in this experience. Come join and feel free to post anything.. especially free classes going on in the area. We'd also love to coordinate some of our own get-togethers for fellow Yogi's or new-comers; perhaps even a class particular to climbers! :)

http://tribes.tribe.n...­
Mark
user 2475923
Durham, NC
Post #: 5
I second the idea that Yoga is great cross training for Rock Climbing! Flexibility, Strength, Balance, breathing, self awareness, and a calm cool demeanor can all grow through yoga, and are essential skills to have in many climbing situations! I've been asked many times how I can manage to do a certain move, and yoga, Pilates, or tai chi are often the answer, but most often yoga. Supporting your weight on your skeleton rather than with the muscles is a key to some of the cooler, weirder looking yoga poses, and is also key in rock climbing to conserving energy.
Paul
user 3513997
Arlington, VA
Post #: 16
As Mark said, Yoga complements rock climbing very well. Plus, I think my downstairs neighbor would appreciate it if I could balance my handstands better (Timber!)