The Raleigh Rock Climbing Meetup Message Board › Talk about a "free for all!" :-)

Talk about a "free for all!" :-)

David
TermiSkater
Cary, NC
Yes, this popular and well-attended event will be an interesting experience, different I'm sure than our usual fare! There will be plenty of competition for ropes, mats and wall space! But there will also be many opportunities to meet new climbers, and reconnect with others we haven't seen in a while. We may also cook up a thing or two to entertain you in other ways.

In light of the large number of attendees, this will be a climbing-only event. That is to say, we will not be teaching any belay skills, nor will any belay certification tests be given. If you plan to attend this event - have climbed at least a few times before - and would like to get belay certified at TRC - please consider coming to the gym BEFORE Sunday! Join us for the regular Friday TRC event, or come to the gym at another time.

For those of you who do not have your own climbing harness, shoes, etc. - equipment rental is free at this private event! However, since there will be so many climbers present there may be a shortage of equipment. Please be considerate and use gear if you have it - and return gear when you are finished climbing so that others can take a turn.

If your plans change and you can't make it on Sunday, please update your RSVP so that others can attend the event!

Finally, remember that we're still climbing. There will be more than the usual level of distraction - please remember to check your partner's gear and be mindful of the landing zones for those who are bouldering. Let's make sure we have only the good kind of fun! If you have any safety concerns please bring them to the attention of myself or any TRC employees present.

Thanks for your cooperation. I'll see y'all on Sunday! - David