addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Boston N. E. Raw Message Board › Many people don't know they have Pre Diebetic blood readings.

Many people don't know they have Pre Diebetic blood readings.

A former member
Post #: 4
Hello All,
On my quest for losing weight, some of you know that I have been on an 80% Raw Juice diet (I like to say way of life) for the past 25 days. Some of my hurdles like many were cravings and energy level. Many times a day (2-4 times) I would feel lethargic after a meal. Since all of the other popular diets were not sustainable long term for me, went to try others. Recently, I went off the Paleo diet a month ago to this 80% Raw Juice Life style. Originally, it was a 3 day fast and I felt amazing the 3rd day. I felt so amazing, I have changed my eating habits all together and almost never feel lethargic.
One of the meals back in 2009 (My main picture right now) when I was trying to find out what made me tired was this vegan meal. I don’t have diabetes but wanted to monitor my blood sugar to see why I was tired some times after a meal or a stressful event. If you can see this Vegan meal, it has 105 grams of carbohydrates per 1 serving, that high. 20 gram of refined carbs could put my blood at 125 to 130 ( 3 pieces of pizza). When I measured this, it was 175 and I felt I was going to pass out exhausted… This year I did 3 tests with Pizza, 45 grams of carbs, blood was 145, feeling tired. Two separate times, I had a banana and 14 dates, 120 grams of RAW Carbs, Blood was 110 both times! I did this twice and both times felt super energetic.
I am wondering if any of you have had that experience. With that said I know for a fact that certain foods spike my blood sugar and make me feel exhausted. I can’t imagine how many other people don’t know about their blood and feel awful after they eat. I am just crazy enough to do stuff like that to find out ( measuring my blood)… I don’t test every day, only when I change my diet or want to find out something like food differences. The great new is that I have lost weight and avoided getting full blown diabetes type 2.
Mara M.
Maraw
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 139
Dr. Graham explains that raw fruit is the fastest digesting food and quickly enters the blood stream and quickly leaves the bloodstream for use in the body; but fat in the bloodstream holds sugar in and creates diabetic symptoms. http://maramore.wordp...­
A former member
Post #: 5
Mara! I have not read this book, but it's funny that you mention Dr. Graham’s book as many video blogs talk about it. A buddy of mind thought I was out of my mind when I emailed him a picture of my refrigerator and what I was going to juice in a week. For the longest time, I could not go over 1,000 calories or I would gain weight. He has calculated that I get about 3,200 calories with my meals every day! In between meals, I have Bananas, Dates, Avocados, and at the end of the day, usually soups that are 50% raw (adding them after it cools down). I sometimes do have soft boiled eggs, but have eliminated red meat, chicken, or cooked fish for about 1.5 months now after coming off of the Paleo Diet. Best of all, no calorie restrictions! I just stop… I go by how my body feels after eating. I am allergic to nuts, so that is a big issue... I will try to get to this book soon.
What was very amazing is when I first did this for about 3-5 days, I reached a high of 20 (feeling good). In my older ways of eating at my best, I was a 10. After having one cooked fish meal some time ago to see how I felt, I was feeling like a 6. So once your feel like a 20, you never want to go back to a 10, and I will avoid at all costs to feel like a 6... Thanks!