The Des Moines Raw Food Meetup Group Message Board › Removing Meat and Milk - children under 13 questions?

Removing Meat and Milk - children under 13 questions?

A former member
Post #: 23
Saw the Doc about "Fork in the Road" for the first timeI thought this was amazing and very scary!.... I am very interested in removing meat and milk from our meals. I have a two year old and unsure how this will work with little ones as well as a 13 year old. What cook books to you rec I look at?

Thanks for your help.
Shannon
Sheree C.
user 3025042
Group Organizer
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 4
There are lots of non-dairy alternatives to cow's milk, so that part is pretty easy. Consider making your own nut (or seed) milk...yummy! Come to a MeetUp and ask the people there how they've handled their transitions and challenges. To me that's better than reading a book on the subject. Tho, if it's recipes you're after, there are lots of good books and websites. To me, the trick is to go slow and not beat up on yourself if you feel you have slipped backward or you give in to a craving. It's all part of the process.