addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Amy C.
user 13329532
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 1
I am interested in finding some sort of chart/spreadsheet that lists spices, fruits, nuts, seeds and veggies and what vitamins and nutrients they have and if they are useful for anything in particular...

Does anyone know of anything like this that is currently in existence?

I want to make sure I'm getting enough of the things I need in my diet. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how much a person needs of each vitamin/mineral/nutrient/etc...?
Zlatko K.
user 13573477
Arlington, VA
Post #: 1
Hi Amy!

The best chart is the one created by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. He produced the chart based on the available medical literature of "food nutrient density" -- a key element in promoting health.

Fuhrman rates the foods on a scale between 1 and 1000.

The higher the number, the most nutrient dense the food.

The most nutrient dense foods are: kale, spinach, collards, broccoli, Romaine/Boston leafs, etc.

Almost all vegetables and most fruits fall in the 100-1000 range (which is the range you want to be in for maximal health).

Fuhrman divides the foods in four basic categories: (1) raw vegetables; (2) cooked greens; (3) non-green vegetables; (4) fresh fruits. You should eat from all four.

If you eat foods from these four groups on a regular basis, you will not need a chart/spreadsheet to count percentages of vitamins and minerals.

It is HIGHLY recommended to eat cooked greens as well as cooked non-green vegetables in addition to raw foods. Raw foods are not digested efficiently by the body because they take much space in the stomack so that most calories pass through if the person does not chew long enough.

Unfortunately, most people eat foods that are between 1 and 25 on Fuhrman's scale, depriving themselves of the needed nutrients to be healthy.

Here is a link from one of Fuhrman's lectures:

http://www.youtube.co...­

Good luck and best regards,
Zlatko

P.S. BTW, I am new here and answered you without properly introducing myself to the community. I will do so once I send it.