This group is for Indians (by ethnicity) living in London who in addition to their international friends are looking to connect with other Indian people to form real friendships & wholesome connections and make the most of what London has to offer! We will be arranging plenty of activities to socialize and mingle with like minded people over evening drinks and dinners, trips to cinema which will include not just Bollywood but also good quality international cinema, fairs, festivals, museums, bonfire nights, west end shows, afternoon tea, coffee meets, Talks, picnics in the summer, day trips and much more.
The idea is to have the best of both the worlds, all the incredible things about India - Tasty Indian food, the colours, the loud laughs, chatter & jokes in hindi and other vernacular languages, an appreciation for all the ridiculousness of bollywood in addition to the beautiful sites of England, quirkiness of the English culture, pints, tea & scones and all the world class international experiences from restaurants, shows, exhibitions to galleries that London can offer! We want it all!
This is not a dating or a hook-up site. The main agenda is: comradery, forming genuine friendships, having fun while enjoying everything in and around London. We are open to Indian people of all ages, sexual orientations, marital statuses, income brackets etc...as we only want to meet nice and interesting folks without any hidden agenda or judgement! The core of the group is very genuine, intelligent, cultured & super liberal and we seek the same in you!
Professional or unemployed, gay or straight, North Indian or South Indian, all are welcome! Members are welcome to bring their non-Indian partners/spouses to events as guests.
However, being an Indian group; we do not accept non Indians as members! No offence!
This group will operate a limited numbers for new membership, once this is enforced, you will be on a waiting list. You will wait for existing members to leave or the organizer will remove present members to make space for new members.
Please feel free to suggest meet ups. If however, you wish to organise a meet up to promote your skills or services, please contact the group organiser out of courteous and being good manners. You will need to attend two meet up before organise a meet up. Failure to do so will result in you being removed from the group.
If even ONE of the following applies to you...it will lead to you being shown the virtual door out of this group:
1) Spamming is NOT allowed here so if you have joined solely for the purpose of spamming the group YOU WILL BE REMOVED ... Hope that is clear.
2) You haven't attended a single social in a period of 3 months......it means you don't really need this group anyway and we don't need members who prefer to live vicariously through others, instead of participating.
3) You have THREE times RSVPed 'YES' to an event and there has been a no show.
4) You have THREE times changed your RSVP from 'YES' to 'NO' at the last moment within 24 hours before the event when all the arrangements have been finalized.
5) You have been abusive or harassed another member of the group in any way.
6) A decent picture of yourself or judge to be appropriate or suitable. When using language, be it writing or verbal, again decent at all times, if you do not know the boundaries or limits, act safe, do not over step them.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers