Road Trips Aotearoa (Wellington) Message Board › November South Island road trip.

November South Island road trip.

Penny G.
user 54103292
Gilston, GB
Post #: 3
Hey, my boyfriend and I are heading down to the South Island for about a month leaving around the first weekend in November. We haven't really planned it yet, but we'll probably have a vague idea of where we want to go before hand. Nothing will be set in stone so that we can stop off at places along the way at where ever takes our fancy at the time! We're thinking of buying a car & tent/small camper and so we'll stay in campsites/DOC sites/free camp spots as we go to keep costs down.

Is anyone else interested in joining us and does anyone have any suggested places that we should visit?

Penny
A former member
Post #: 30
Jealous!

That's all I can say wink

I hope you guys will have a fantastic time! Maybe there are some others interested to join you or to meet on the way. I will need to work.........
I am sure you'll have some plans already? Fox Glacier is pretty cool. The Catlins down south are amazing. Obviousli Abel Tasman and Marlborought Sounds too (although you can always do that from Wellington later...). If you've got enough time get into the mountains (Kepler Trak / Te Anau), the sounds (Doubtful sound is great!!!) and to Stewart island!

I haven't done Arthurs Pass but it's supposed to be a beautiful drive. And Both Coast are different but amazing szeneries.

Honestly - I couldn't really tell you the favurites. It's all so different - and so beautiful!

Jaana