We're new here!Join us!
Do you own a business? Or are you thinking about owning a business?
You: are a current or future business owner. Whether you own a mom and pop store, design websites for a living, deliver gift baskets, provide childcare, have your own accounting practice or draw caricatures, we want you!! If you haven't decided which business to go into (you're on the "thinking and exploration path") we want you too!!
Who we are: A group of people who provide support, guidance and friendship to each other. We can be an advisory council to one another. Whether you want a sounding board to bounce ideas off or you want us to review your latest menu or you want to practice your sales pitch or you're deciding between two businesses or you'd like opinions on your latest marketing promotion - we are here for you
What makes us different:
• We are an informal group of imperfect people determined to start or grow our successful businesses
• We take our strengths and talents and share them with other members of the group and receive the same support back
• We are not a stuffy "be on your best behavior" group. We are business buddies helping each other.
How the thought for this group emerged: So one day I was at my local dollar store and noticed a handwritten sign on the door. Scribbled were the words "Seeking new manger." I stopped myself from giggling as I secretly wondered if they also wanted 3 wise men to go along with the new manger! It was then that I thought how simple it would have been for this mistake to have been avoided (dictionary/online search anyone?!).
How a business portrays itself, whether by the written word or image or any other method, is vital to its success. As Gustave Flaubert wisely said "There is no truth. There is only perception." So I thought "What is another way that silly mistake could have been avoided?"..and that's when the proverbial light bulb went off and thoughts of small business owners helping each other emerged.
SOUND INTERESTING? Great!!...
Please bring to your first meeting:
• Several business cards which will be given to others in the group. If you don't have any business cards, you can grab some from your local office supply store and just type or hand write your name, contact info and current business or future business idea/s
• Your ideas for what YOU want to get out of the meetings. I will bring my ideas also. But this is equal voice and participation for everyone.
• Your openness and honesty. Feel free to discuss your failures in addition to your triumphs.
• Your jeans and flip flops. There are many times when your suit is needed, but this isn't one of them...unless you like wearing suits!
What this is not: A promotional event. We are here to support each other, not to coerce one another to buy whatever goods or services we are selling.
We are looking forward to meeting you, helping you to grow your business, and enjoying your company!!
I decided to start Reno Motorcycle Riders Group because I wanted to be part of a group of people who enjoyed my passion... I was excited and nervous. Our group has grown by leaps and bounds. I never thought it would be this big.
— Henry, started Reno Motorcycle Riders