The next ROC meet will be next Thursday, Aug. 7.
The starting location will be Magnolia Shelter at Durand Eastman Park. Magnolia is on Log Cabin Road which if off of Lakeshore Blvd. It is on the loop where Log Cabin Road dead-ends.
There are a few slight changes to the details of the meet:
- It's a score-O as opposed to a random-O (score-O is where you have a fixed time to get to as many controls as possible; random-O (or scatter-O) is where you have a fixed number of controls to do (in any order you choose) in as short of a time as possible.
- The White course will be 1.8 km with 11 controls, with 75 meters of climb.
- The Sprint course will be 1.4 km with 11 controls, with 80 meters of climb.
- The Score-O will be 26 controls.
Other details are the same:
- White and Sprint -- start anytime between 6 pm and 7 pm. Courses close promptly at 7:45 pm
- Score-O -- mass start at 7 pm, time limit 45 minutes
- Start at Magnolia Shelter (accessed from the loop at the end of Log Cabin Road).
Registration opens around 5:30 pm.
If you want to do two courses (sprint and score, for example), remember to get there early enough that you can complete the first course in time to be ready to go by 7:00 for the score-O mass start.
Remember, as usual, golf courses (fairways and greens) are totally off limits -- but there really isn't anywhere where one would gain an advantage by violating this rule.
Please pre-register at http://roc.us.orienteering.org/