Vak here. I'm holding a fireside chat with a recent friend, David Chen, CEO/Founder of Strikingly - a Y-Combinator funded company. Some of Y-Combinator's successful companies is a long list that you can find here: http://yclist.com/
Here are the notables:
The list goes on and on... but you get the point. YCombinator is the most celebrated and most successful Incubator in the country.
Why this matters? First and foremost, I currently use his product and if many of you know me, I don't have a ton of time on my hands at all. That being said, that's why I started using Strikingly. Been on this for awhile now (6 months).
At any rate, I got wind that David will be in OC. So naturally, I know this would be extremely valuable to the OC Community and am taking advantage of his time here.
At this fireside chat...well more so like a Rome is Burning (sports reference :)) one on one.
Here are a few things that I'd like to cover:
• What's it like to being inside Y-Combinator.
• What makes a Y-Combinator company so successful?
• What happens when a Y-Combinator company fails?
• How to raise $750k and get oversubscribed at $1.5 million?
• How David findd talent to build his team?
• How Strikingly is different from Weebly, Wix and other website generators.
• What is Strikingly's competitive advantage?
• How did he get customers to adopt Strikingly over his competitors?
These are just some of the examples. But rest assure, I'll be grilling David :)
Meet David Chen CEO of Striking.ly, a Y Combinator-backed startup that takes a mobile-first approach to website building for everyone, including those who have no coding or design experience.
Strikingly, the do-it-yourself (DIY) website creation service, has raised a $1.5 million seed round from SV Angel, Index Ventures, FundersClub, and others for its DIY site builder.
Join us as we talk with David Chen from Striking.ly
The Rockfield Team,