San Antonio Barefoot Running Message Board › barefoot running shyness

barefoot running shyness

A former member
Post #: 3
I thought I would pose this question to the group. Any insights or suggestions will be much appreciated. I'm new to natural running. I am practicing on a treadmill during the week and go to a park on weekends. I practice yoga so bareffot activities are not new to me but going to a park makes me self conscious. I'm the only natural runner there so I tend to stick out. I guess its ingrained into our head that you must wear shoes when outdoors. Some people stare. Some make comments. Nothing really negative. They seem more shocked. Its probably more in my head. How did some of you overcome the initial anxiety?
Jason P D.
user 46113652
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1
It's really just a matter of patience. People stare/honk/ask questions... I have gotten pretty good at guaging the people who want to waste your time versus those who actually have questions. If someone is genuinely interested in BF running, I tend to answer their questions as best I can and steer them towards google....
A former member
Post #: 4
Thanks. I agree with you. I will take it one day at a time.