|Barb, 912 O.||
Saint Petersburg, FL
Subject: You have lost our trust, walk away from the Immigration Bill!
Dear Senator Rubio,
Whereas the immigration reform bill, SB 744, better known as the Rubio Amnesty and Destruction of America Act, provides for immediate legalization of millions of law breaking undocumented aliens and only watered down vague promises of enhance border security and,
Whereas the last minute lengthy, vague and overly complex amendments amounts to a Bait and Switch tactic designed solely to dishonestly buy votes for the bill and,
Whereas the bill and amendments will only provide incentives for and encourage illegal border crossings into this country, thus fixing nothing about our "broken" immigration system and virtually ensuring the collapse of our federal republic based upon the rule of law and,
Whereas this bill is being rushed through the Senate where you and others are using backroom deals and last minute voluminous amendments in order to buy votes for passage and,
Whereas this bill is contrary to your history of public statements that border security comes first, that "I will never support an effort to grant blanket legalization, amnesty to folks who have entered or stayed in this country illegally." and this bill and your actions are contrary to your April 16, 2013 letter to Patriot groups that you will not "support legislation that is rushed through Congress in typical Washington fashion; no bill will be rushed through the Senate as a take-it-or-leave-it proposition", you have Broken Your Promises to the American people, ruined your credibility and betrayed our trust in your ability to be a US Senator and,
Whereas you have positioned yourself as the leader in ramming this bill down the throats of law abiding American citizens, be it resolved that we:
- withdraw our support for you as a US Senator;
- demand that you immediately walk away from this legislation and kill the bill before it irreparably destroys your credibility and our trust in you as a leader;
- declare Monday, June 24 as Bait and Switch day in recognition of your last minute tactics to get this bill passed;
- declare Tuesday, June 25 as Broken Promises day in recognition of your broken promises;
- declare Wednesday, June 26 as Walk Away day as your last chance to walk away and renounce this bill;
- Urge all American citizens to visit your office, meet politely and respectfully with you and your staff to help you understand that America cannot survive this bill and it must be stopped.