Greetings! I became a stay at home mom nearly 2 years ago when my daughter was born and I decided I wanted to be around more for her early years. I discovered this group and have met many wonderful parents and made great friends over the past 2 years. I recently took over as organizer and I am excited to continue building this community and meeting new moms. Though our name is technically specifies SAHMs, we welcome SAHDs as well!
1. To help cover our Organizer dues (the fee we pay to Meetup for this lovely site), there is a $6 annual membership fee. You can pay via the WePay link from this site. For new members: There is a 3 month trial period during which you can attend as many events as you want to see if this is a community that you think will benefit you. We try to be good communicators and will send a reminder email if we notice the three months is approaching!
2. All members can host events. They'll be posted on the "suggested" page and once 3 people sign up, the event will be posted on our main calendar! If you have ideas, post them! You’ll be pleasantly surprised by how many like-minds are out there.
3. We’re not limited to one geographic area. This group welcomes moms and dads with babies from age 0-5 that live all over Howard County. This will allow more flexibility to moms and dads and add more variety to our group.
4. Fast approval and lots of activities.
5. I know everyone says it, but I mean it. I hope all the moms and babies make some real amazing long lasting friends.
We meet mostly at local parks, libraries, book stores, members' homes, etc. We have many activities posted each week. We are always open to new places and activities suggested by members!
Hope to meet you and your little one soon!
•If you or your child is sick or has been sick within the last 24 hours, please do not attend any events.
•Please keep your RSVPs current. We do not penalize for needing to back out of events at the last minute because we all understand that life happens, but please update your RSVP whenever possible. This is especially important for things like walks where the group may delay their departure to wait for you.
•By applying for membership, you agree to bear the sole responsibility for your own personal safety as well as that of your child's (or children's). You are responsible for your child's behavior and safety at all times.
•After attending an event, please respond to the email you receive about rating the event. This helps organizers to plan future events.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About SAHMs of Howard County||March 23, 2015 10:06 PM||anonymous|