This is not a typo or an early April Fool’s joke….yes, I, Nina am throwing a vegetarian potluck party!!! As most of us do, at the beginning of every year, I vow to eat healthier. I have been trying to add vegetables to every lunch and dinner meal.
I have relied on my new, costly friends the Veggie Grill and Whole Foods, to supply me with a variety of vegetarian meals and side dishes. It is hard for me to cook vegetarian sides dishes because I hate having a lot of leftovers, so I like to take a scoop of this and a scoop of that from Whole Foods. My favorites so far are the quinoa pancakes and some okra/corn/lima bean/tomato thing. They have a nice variety of lentils, couscous, and Indian-influenced dishes. I also love the spicy veggie udon noodles. I promise not to buy something from Whole Foods for my potluck item. I’ll cook, gosh darn it.
So please bring your vegetarian potluck dish and let’s try a bunch of new vegetarian dishes together! Hopefully we will discover some easy, yummy recipes together that will inspire me to cook veggie dishes more often! Who is bringing the fake chicken or fake bacon (teehee)?!?! BTW, eggs and cheese are allowed. Let’s not deprive ourselves that much!
Reminder on what to bring:
- One potluck item per attendee (if you are bringing a guest, please make sure to indicate what you are bringing for each person)
- If you are picking up something from the store, please spend at least $15. We prefer you cook or bake.
- Your own serving platter and utensil.
- An alcoholic beverage for yourself and/or to share (optional). Water and soft drinks will be provided.
- Ziploc bags or plastic containers to take home leftovers
Event address and contact info will be sent to you prior to the event.