addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

SCV Arthritis and Autoimmune Message Board › New Member

Erin K.
user 47953712
Valencia, CA
Post #: 1
Hello my name is Erin. I'm 26 years old. I was recently diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibro, and they said I was borderline Lupus. I'm actually pretty confused about it all. My doctor isn't very helpful. I'm lost and d o not know what to do. I'm in a lot of pain everyday, and cry just about every night, because I just don't know how I'm going to get through the next day. I'm too young for this. I have a 1 and a half year old daughter, a full time job, and a home to keep up with :(

The doctor put me on 5mg of prednisone. I was to take five for five days, then four for five days, three, two, and one. It did absolutely nothing. I'm also on Plaquenil twice a day and again that does nothing. I'm just wondering what everyone else is doing to manage pain, or take it away. My family doctor wants to see me today. Hopefully we can get a new Rheumatologist, or just get some kind of answers as far as what I should be doing for pain. Meds, therapy, vitamins, exercise, SOMETHING. I am so lost at what to do. Please anyone help.

Erin
Erin K.
user 47953712
Valencia, CA
Post #: 2
I just realized this is only a local group. Sorry everyone.

Erin
Stacey
StaceyLynnH
Canyon Country, CA
Post #: 41
Welcome Erin. I'm sorry you had to join us.

My first thought when I read your post was, if you aren't happy with your treatment or rheumatologist, find another. It is so important to find a doctor you mesh well with. I've seen 4 myself since I was diagnosed in mid 2009. My daughter, she's 10 was diagnosed at 2.5, has seen 4 as well.

There are many different treatments and what works for me, may not work for you. Unfortunately, it's trial and error. Plaquenil takes time to work. Actually, most of the meds used to treat RA and lupus take an average of 8-12 weeks to fully kick in. Did your doc put you on anything for fibro? Do you have anything for pain? I haven't been totally pain free in at least 25 years. My daughter also has some degree of pain daily.

Do you live out here in SCV? You are more than welcome to join us at our monthly meeting. The meeting for May has been cancelled so the next one won't be until June.

If you have any other questions or just want to talk, please send me a message.