San Diego iPhone/Android/Windows Phone Mobile Developers Message Board › August's Informal Meetup -- How do you want to define our "informal mee

August's Informal Meetup -- How do you want to define our "informal meetups"?

Mike Ho
mikeho1999
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2
Thanks for everyone who showed up at July's informal meetup event this past Friday. It was great meeting everyone and chatting!

I wanted to do a quick poll to see what people are wanting out of these "informal" gatherings. My original thought was that it would be more like coworking where folks can bring laptops, come together and get work done, fire up Xcode or Eclipse, get advice from others on how best to do things, etc.

But the past two events have been more chit-chat style networking events, with folks coming in, talking with and meeting others, etc.

There have been some really great discussions at the past two events, so I'm perfectly happy if people want to continue making it more like the latter. But if people are wanting the former (or a combination of the two), then I think it might make more sense to select venues outside of the coffee/yogurt shop world, and perhaps selecting a place that would be more suitable for actual coworking.

Thoughts?

Both 3rd Space and Ansir Innovation Center have both graciously offered to open up their location to our group to use as an occasional meeting space, so I'm thinking that our next event could be hosted at either one of those. The benefit is that we can make the "meeting time" a bit longer, and it would offer the ability for folks to actually come in and get work done as well.

I'm aiming for Thursday, August 25 as our next event. Feel free and post any thoughts!