The last event was a HUGE SUCCESS! Over 220 people came through and had a great time, enjoyed free massage, reiki, energy work, tarot, tea, bubblies, potluck, and of course, made off with AWESOME CLOTHES. Everyone, including the men, all left with bags upon bags of fashionable goodies and fun costume wear!
This clothing exchange will be focused on clean, undamaged, fashionable, wearable items (for men and women).
- COSTUMES (if they've been worn to utter destruction, feel free to bring them, but they will not count toward your admission item total).
- SPRING and SUMMER garments (aside from costumes)! Please try to keep to the season requested so that we can build current, useful wardrobes for each other.
- KIDS clothes. For parents, there will be a separate table to swap kids clothes. However, these items will not count toward the entry item quota, so please come prepared with 20 of your own items. This table is simply for your benefit. ♥
There is an entire wall of mirrors available for trying on clothes if you don't mind being in the open. For those who like more privacy, there are private areas for both men and women to try clothes on.
"SAFE ZONES" - If items are on the stage, in the cubbies, or in the room marked "Safe Zone," they are OFF LIMITS. If you are seen "shopping" these areas, you will be asked to leave. You may leave your things/swap scores here, but at your own risk.
MOST ADVISED: leave as much as you can at home, leave your jacket in the car if possible, and go buy a fanny pack if you need to! Items may walk off, so keep them on you, in a safe place, or don't bring them at all. Thank you!
PLEASE SHARE THIS EVENT AND INVITE YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, AND COWORKERS! The more people we have involved, the better the selection and the more fun we will all have! ♥
***PLEASE CARPOOL AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!***
DETAILS of ADMISSION:
- $10 cover with 20 items or more brought to exchange
- $20 cover with less than 20 items brought to exchange
- "Express Shopper" hours: Come between 3-5pm for half off admission cost. Item quota still applies.
- Children under the age of 10 = free with accompanying adult.
- Youth cover fee, ages 10 to 17 = half off admission
- Ages 18+ = full price
FREEBIES! There are free drinks, services, and more, but please remember to bring EXTRA CASH to tip the wonderful volunteers, bartenders, and service providers! ♥
EVENT RUNS FROM 12:30PM - 5:30PM.
EVERY ENTRY COMES WITH A DOOR PRIZE TICKET!
Must be present to win.
Partial profits will be donated to OmCulture to better the space and give us all a place to encourage community events and involvement!
You're welcome to donate as much clothing as you'd like.
Each person will be allowed to take away 20 lbs of clothing/costumes. Why the limit? The event in January had no limit, and some people that came later felt there were not as many options. I want to make this fair for everyone to get a shot at incredible pieces.
All clothing left over will be donated to SightConnection, enhancing the abilities of people with vision loss to live active, independent lives (http://www.sightconnection.org/).
- Energy work from Jessica Blessica
- Massage by Susan
- Chair massages by Becky Yawman, LMP
- Jikiden Reiki session by (TBA)
- Crystal reading session by (TBA)
- Skin care treatment and consultation by Jenna Marie
- Quick haircuts and trims by four fabulous stylists (Rachel Thornton, Natasha Sherwood, Hether Remus & Sarahann Tomlinson)
- Tarot Card readings by Joey Dash
- Tarot Card readings by Laif McCaddon
- Tarot or Massage (TBA) by Tahir Has
- Palm readings by Osiris Indriya
- Aerial massage (therapeutic acroyoga) by Nadav Nahari
- Henna tattoos by Heather Lambert
- Custom Glitterati makeup session by Lauren Habenicht
FIND OUT MORE about Service Providers, DJs, or Door Prize Donors by visiting our S.C.E. Group Photo Album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.467185870015774&type=1
DOOR PRIZES: WIN BIG, and WIN OFTEN!!!!
Winning tickets will be pulled THROUGHOUT THE EVENT!
- Energy work by Jessica Blessica
- Hair service by Jessica Blessica
- Two prizes for two lucky people: Custom essential oil blends by Michelle Mahler.
- Acupuncture treatment at Purple Dragon Healing Arts
- Hour-long massage treatment gift certificate by Becky Yawman, LMP at Purple Dragon Healing Arts.
PDHA Website: http://www.communityacupunctureseattle.com/
- Reiki session provided by French Walker
- Custom item made by Leslie Stiles
- Personal coaching session by Becky.
- Handmade hat by Milliner Jessica Sydow of La Chapeau Noir!
- Art by Burgandi Viscosi. Donated is a three-layer piece that shifts between the three pieces as you move from left to right.
- Partylite set (retail value $80+) by Angie Lamb
- Handmade Jewelry by Shelly Haas of Positive Creation Jewelry
- Tickets to Uniting Souls presents JIMPSTER (Freerange, UK) + PEZZNER @ Neumos!! 3 lucky winners will win 2 tickets each!
* must be present to win.
12:30 - 1:30 Neural Net (Mitchie Vega)
1:30 - 2:30 Xan Lucero
2:30 - 4:00 Ramiro UnitingSouls
4:00 - 5:30 Karl Kamakahi
Enjoy the music! Please feel free to EXPRESS YOURSELF by DANCING! Getting your groove on is HIGHLY ENCOURAGED! ♥
FOOD & BEVERAGES
Please feel free to bring an appetizer/finger-food potluck dish or drink to share, and if homemade, please label for those of us who are gluten-free or have other food allergies. We will have an area for all the nosh and sips. Thank you!
There will be sparkling, celebratory beverages served all night in the bar area. Settle in, let's have some fun!
SHARE THIS EVENT!
The more people that come (especially fashion-forward friends), the better the selection becomes for all of us, and the more fun we all have! Make sure that you invite your friends, family, coworkers... Invite anyone you think would enjoy this fabulous, sustainable event!
CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY!
Here's hoping to see you there! Please get in touch if there is anything I can do, or questions I can answer. Keep checking back for updates!
Clothing Exchange followed by BLUES DANCING at 8pm! Go grab some food after the exchange, and stick around for the fun!
FAQ about Seattle Clothing Exchange events:
TO NEWBIES AND THOSE WHO JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S UP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/seattleclothingexchange/doc/442021032532258/
The last Clothing Exchange Event: