Join us for a great urban hike along one of the most beautiful scenic routes in S.F. -- Presidio through Lands End to Ocean Beach. Points of interest are: Lucas Arts Campus, the Presidio, Immigrant Point Overlook, Baker Beach, Lands End Trail, "the new renovated" Eagles' Point Overlook, Eagles' Point Labyrinth, Sutro Baths, Ocean Beach. Have a great time socializing while meeting new friends & enjoy lots of fun & laughter. Members in the group are always nice & friendly. We always have a lot of fun whenever we all get together with a couple of other meetup groups also invited. So join in on the fun! We look forward to seeing you there!
We will meet for coffee & a quick meet & greet. Please arrive no later than 12:25 pm for brief announcements. We will leave by 12:30 pm & head to Lucas Arts campus where we will have lunch next to a stunning pond. Then, we trek through the Presidio to Immigrant Point Overlook for one of the most breathtaking views of the San Francisco Bay. After, we descend a set of intriguing long windy stairs down to Bakers Beach. We will stroll through Bakers Beach towards China Beach. Finally, we will reach Lands End Trails where we will hike through the wildest, rockiest corner of San Francisco -- a land full of rich history and spectacular nature. Trails at Lands End offer a cliff-top walk through dark cypress and open grass and views up and down the California coast with incredible, amazing vistas. It's quite a distance & a few hills, so you will get a pretty good workout.
• HOW TO FIND US: Look for a big group forming outside of the cafe & say hi.
• PLEASE NO UNNAMED GUESTS: All participants please sign up & read the description to know what to expect for the hike.
•BEFORE MEETING UP: Be sure to grab your lunches, drinks & snacks for our hiking exploration. Be sure to have a healthy snack handy & a bottle of water in case of dehydration & low blood sugar due to exercising several hours. Conveniently, there are plenty of stores, shops & delis in the area.
• AFTER HIKE: We may grab drinks if 3 or more people are interested.
• RETURN: Most members will be taking the Geary bus back to S.F. Downtown (45 mins).
• ORGANIZER FEE & GROUP DUES: $2 -- You may pay in person at the meetup location.
• BUS FARE: $2 One-Way (Clipper Card accepted)
• DIFFICULTY: Easy to Moderate -- 4 hours walk/hike with some rest stops for quick bathroom breaks & photos. Be prepared for lots of uphill climbing & stairs. For specifics: please google map -- Directions Presidio to Immigrant Point Lookout to Bakers Beach to Lands End to Sutro Baths. (Difficulty Rating Legend: http://www.hikenewengland.com/LegendRating.html)
• PARKING INFO: If you must drive in, here is a link for parking garages in the area.
• NO-SHOW & CANCELLATION POLICY -- Please be courteous & considerate to all members involved in this event by cancelling by at least 12noon on the day of the event. Members with habitual NO-SHOWS & LATE CANCELLATIONS (3 or more) may not be welcomed back to these events.
• IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ --
Every member is responsible for his/her own safety on all events. Your RSVP to attend confirms that you have read and agree to our Liability Waiver below.
Participating in this event is entirely voluntary and you are responsible for your own safety. When you RSVP "yes" for this event, you are confirming that you understand and accept the risks, dangers and hazards of any outdoor activity and you are releasing and discharging any organizers & event hosts of the meetup group against any liability that arises from your participation in our group or its activities. Our guides are volunteers with no special training or qualifications. They are friends/members showing you around a place that they enjoy. They are not responsible for your safety or actions or anyone else’s.
You can find a link to Meetup.com’s TERMS OF SERVICE located on the bottom of every page on the Meetup site (click on Privacy & Terms--now 2 separate links). When you first created a Meetup Account, you were asked to agree to these terms. They cover what's considered appropriate use and behavior on the platform for both Organizers and Members. This includes a waiver of liability that extends to individual group organizers and the right of group organizers to govern their groups and remove members at any time. If you feel you've seen something inappropriate on the Meetup site, please forward the evidence to [masked].