addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

SF Scala Message Board › Closer cooperation with BASE

Closer cooperation with BASE

A former member
Post #: 16
I now coordinate SF Scala and BASE. SF Scala will hold meetings in San Francisco, and BASE will hold meetings further south along the peninsula or in San Jose.

Historically, BASE has had two groups of participants, one set of people in San Francisco, and another set of people for the south Bay. There has been only a small group of people who have attended BASE meetings in both locations.

We will share planning efforts for both groups. Meetings will be held for each groups most months in their respective geographic area, but on different days. We will ask speakers if they would present their talks twice, once at each meetup. That means that people will be able to attend the meetup that is closer to them.

If you are interested in helping out with SF Scala meetups, BASE meetings, or the planning common to both, please reply to this thread.
A former member
Post #: 31
Stackmob pays the $15/month fee to meetup.com for SF Scala, and so that gives Ty Amell, CEO of Stackmob, control over this meetup. He has decided he wants total control over SF Scala, and so I've been pushed out.

I was co-operating with Scala for Startups closely before this happened. The first meetup for both SF Scala and and Scala for Startups was a joint meetup, and two of the three SF Scala meetups that have been held so far were planned and promoted jointly with Scala for Startups. I'm now a co-organizer for Scala for Startups, and am continuing as co-organizer of BASE. I don't expect that SF Scala will be co-operating with any other Scala user groups any further.

Pity.

You are invited to join Scala for Startups (even if you do not work for a startup). We've got some world-class events planned. Joint planning will continue for Scala for Startups and BASE. This means that we jointly plan events for the largest collection of Scala programmers in the world, which is why we get such terrific speakers asking to present at our events.