San Francisco Screenwriting Group Message Board › Screenwriting seminars - October 2 at Ft. Mason

Screenwriting seminars - October 2 at Ft. Mason

Philip D.
user 10694712
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
I have finally scheduled a location and date to host the screenwriting seminars that I’ve been mentioning in our recent meetups. Here is the information:

Date:
Saturday, October 2

Time:
1:00-3:00pm — How To Structure Your Screenplay
3:00-5:00pm — How To Avoid The Most Common Screenwriting Mistakes

Cost:
$25 for one seminar or $40 for both seminars. If you attend both seminars, I’ll send you feedback on the structural outline of your next script (up to two pages) for free!

Seminar Descriptions:

How To Structure Your Screenplay
One thing that all award-winning screenplays have in common is good structure. I’ll give you a detailed outline of every structural point that should be included in screenplays, but more importantly I’ll tell you why they are necessary and will also give you examples of how they play out in some of the greatest screenplays ever written. Once you understand screenplay structure, writer’s block will become a thing of the past because you will always know what your protagonist should do next. You’ll take home a detailed structural analysis of several Oscar-winning scripts, as well as a handy structure guide that you can use as a quick reference while writing your own script.

How To Avoid The Most Common Screenwriting Mistakes
As a screenplay reader for the Academy of Arts University and coverage writer for two production studios, I have read hundreds of screenplays and have seen the same types of mistakes over and over again in almost all of them. Readers are constantly looking for any reason to reject scripts and these mistakes give them just the excuse they need to put your script in the "No" pile. I’ll give you a list of all of these common mistakes and tell you exactly how to avoid them before submitting your screenplay to any agencies or studios. Avoiding these common screenwriting mistakes will give your script a much better chance of ending up in the "Yes" pile.
A former member
Post #: 6

what's the deadline for submitting the fee? not sure if i'll be in town, but just in case. thanks!
Philip D.
user 10694712
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
You can just bring it to the seminar if you like, Ebony. I hope you can make it! :-)