Please join us for a 3-course lunch and monument tour on the Potomac! If you've never seen Washington from the water, it's quite the experience. Whether you're a recent transplant to the area or have been near DC for decades, it's always wonderful to reconnect with the history and beauty of the capital and its monuments. It'll also be a really fun meal and a chance to enjoy a great time with your fellow book club members on a boat (Caution: Video NSFW*). Nina's Dandy departs from the Old Town Alexandria waterfront and cruises north to Georgetown and back. Guests are welcome, but please make sure you include them in your RSVP with us so we ca accurately coordinate group size.
- We've negotiated a group rate of $43.50 (inclusive of fuel surcharge, tax, and gratuity). This is a 37% discount on the normal post-tax rate of $69. Your ticket includes a 3-course meal and a narrated tour of the monuments.
- A cash bar will be available as well for all beverage purchases. Water will be included on our tables.
- There may still be time to purchase last-minute tickets. You must call[masked] and (Mon-Fri 9:30-5) to purchase your tickets in order to ensure that you receive the group rate and reserve a spot on the boat. Since this is Father's Day weekend, they're expecting a lot of business, and will not be able to guarantee avaiability, so don't delay.
- When you call, be sure to mention that you're with The Sci-Fi and Fantasy Book Club, and would like the discounted rate.
- When you call in, please let them know what your preferred menu choice will be as well. Choose an entree from the menu below.
- Paid parking ($7) is available near the waterfront at The Strand parking lot or the Central Parking Garage (115 S Union St).
- You can also metro to King's Street Metro Station (Blue and Yellow lines) and catch the King' Street trolley to the waterfront (departs at :10, :30, and :50 past the hour).
- Please be ON TIME. Boarding for the cruise will take place at 10:30 AM, and we will cruise from about 11am-1:30pm. As I'm sure you understand, we will not be able to hold the boat for anyone arriving late.
- Attire for the cruise is dressy casual (no tank tops or cut-offs, please).
- Lunch will be served on a covered restaurant deck, but you'll also be able to enjoy strolling around or sitting on the open-air observation deck.
Selection of Entrees
(served with rosemary potato wedges & assorted fruit. May contain undercooked ingredients, which may increase your risk of foodborne illness)
BASIL PARMESAN CHICKEN
(breast of chicken served in a fresh basil cream sauce, encrusted with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Served with your choice of rice or egg noodles.)
FILLET OF COD
(served with white wine sauce and new baby potatoes.)
(bite sized pieces of tender beef in a savory burgundy sauce served on a bed of rice or noodles.)
(phyllo pastry filled with spinach, sauteed onion, fresh dill, and feta cheese, served with wild rice.)
(penne pasta tossed in vegetable garlic stock with fresh vegetables and topped with roasted pine nuts. Parmesan cheese and Alfredo sauce available upon request.)
(served with seasonal vegetables and prepared with no animal products.)
Meals also include salad and dessert courses and fresh rolls and butter.
*Actual experience on lunch cruise will in no way, shape, or form resemble this video. Excessive profanity, mermaid, and T-Pain not included in ticket price.