The San Francisco Single 30 & 40-Somethings Social Group Message Board › A word from Mickie W. - Organizer of the SF Singles 30 & 40's Social Group

A word from Mickie W. - Organizer of the SF Singles 30 & 40's Social Group

Mickie
MickieGW
Group Organizer
San Francisco, CA
Hi folks -

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for coming to my de Young Jazz Night event this evening. It was great meeting all of the new folks and I hope you all had as much fun as I did. I'm sorry all of you couldn't make it to the dinner afterwords.

Secondly, I'd like to address the issue of Event Fees since a couple of people were quite upset this evening about having to pay a $4 event fee to attend my event.

At some of my events, I collect a small event fee, usually $2-$5, to help defray my costs in running this group - website fees, business cards, name badges, stickers, etc. Also, at some events, such as wine tastings or restaurant outings, I bring food or buy food or drinks for the attendees to enjoy. And still at other events, when a large group is sharing a meal together, I have sometimes not received enough money to cover the bill so I pay the remaining portion myself. In addition, some event venues require a deposit to reserve tables or space for a large group.

I use the money I have collected from the event fees to help offset these costs.

For future reference, please check each event notice to see if it has an event fee - which is listed at the bottom of the notice - so you will not be surprised about a fee. And, thank you to all of you who use Pay Pal to pay in advance. More and more of you are doing that and it makes it more convenient for me.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns. And, please keep the good event ideas coming. I'll be planning some salsa dance, pool hall, and cheese tasting events in the near future.

And, I'll be organizing an orientation get together in the near future for those of you who have expressed interest in being Assistant Organizers to help me get more events on the calendar. If there are more of you who are interested in this, please drop me a line and let me know.

I hope those of you who attended this evening had fun tonight. And I hope to see you all at future events.

Cheers!
Mickie W.