Sci Fi & Fantasy and Steampunk in the Springs Message Board Introductions and Conversations › Greetings and Salutations

Greetings and Salutations

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, all!!

I just joined this fabulous group, and I am so excited to be part of such a fine gathering of folks! :o) I'm Ashley - a sci-fi geek at heart. I'm a pastor's wife and mom of three. I grew up in Colorado Springs, although I've been away for a little while. We currently live in Burlington, CO, but in February, I'll be returning to the Springs, and my family will join me in May or June.

I am a producer for Focus on the Family's daily radio broadcast - a position I held prior to getting married 8 years ago. Before that, I worked for Disneyland as a stage manager, where I got to work with folks like Edward James Olmos (before he was Adama!) and do exciting events like the re-dedication of Star Tours with Carrie Fisher, C-3PO, and Chewbacca (definitely the highlight of my career!).

I'm also a sci-fi novelist. My book, Asylum: The Circeae Tales came out in August. It's part of a ten-novel space opera series that I am trying to get published. I'll be selling and signing copies at GalaxyFest, and I have a book signing at the Briargate Barnes & Noble on Feb 16th at 2pm. smile

Thanks again for letting me part of this group! I hope I get to meet each and every one of you!

Ashley (Duchess Writer)
Shannon
ShannonCS
Group Organizer
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 798
Welcome Ashley,
I'm excite to meet you more formally after hearing some about you from our common friend, I hope to meet you at GalaxyFest. We try to have quarterly meetings for the over all group, and then individual groups like TESLA Steampunk and the Star Trek Chapter have monthly meetings. Since the first part of the year is so busy with conventions, like last yr we'll be making the first quarterly meeting GalaxyFest, but no real formal get together. By second quarter, we should be back to having a Friday or Saturday meeting at a restaurant or ice cream parlor. Some of the conversations happen in the Facebook interest groups, so you might want to check any of them out that seem interesting to you. Glad to have you aboard!
http://www.meetup.com...­
A former member
Post #: 2
Thank you, Shannon! This sounds like such an awesome group! Like I said, I'm excited to be part of it! And I will definitely look for you at GF! Can't wait! :)