One of our members put it best when he said:
I believe that our mores are sorely in need of reformation. My guess is that half of all divorces are prompted by him having had allowed his more elementary desires a little play--which in our culture triggers the break up of a family, untold harm to young kids, economic setback and sometimes ruin. Cause and effect are utterly out of proportion. It'll be a while til this (American) culture can accept the fact that our nature and desires does not easily fit into the cookie cutter of lifelong marriage with no outside engagements ever. Until then people will continue to get the Salem Witch treatment for acting in accord to human nature.
- SIE is an adult-oriented discussion-only group for mature and respectful adults. If you are an adult who does not wish to read or discuss adult material, please exit now.
- Since this is a private group we require all members have a clear, recent face photo on their profile. Please write to Jennifer Leigh, the organizer, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a very special circumstance that precludes you from doing so. No guarantee that an exception will be made.
- SIE is not a swingers' or "play" group and we do not condone solicitation of our members.
This group was started on the premise that when we are more accepting of ourselves and more open-minded towards others, we can begin to communicate in a way that improves our chances of more fulfilling relationships with current and potential partners.
*SIE stands for Sexual Intelligence Exchange. The aim of this group is to expand our definition of what is "normal" in the broad range of human sexual behavior by partaking in honest, mature dialogs and by attending presentations by some of the area's premier sex educators, speaker panels, and occasional field trips.
The topics covered will focus on dispelling misconceptions and myths and will include (but not be limited to) sex and body image, sex and parenting, sex and aging, kink, bisexuality, polyamory, smart online dating, dating after divorce, role playing, dating younger/older, dating like a man, sex work, BDSM, power exchange, age play, makeovers, boudoir photography, and much more.
Sexually intelligent people possess:
- Curiosity and the desire to learn all they can about human sexual behavior as to be more informed and less judgmental when confronted with any aspect of it.
- Insight into their Secret Sexual Selves: They know themselves, specifically what we call the Secret Sexual Self -- the complex, inner landscape of our desires that includes both our genuine, healthy impulses and painful, destructive myths about sex that we've absorbed from our families, media messages, and our own painful experiences.
- The Ability to Connect: Sexually intelligent people know how to how to talk to their partners about their sex life and have sexual empathy - They are able to imagine vividly the emotional effect of their behavior on their partner.
- Scientific Knowledge: They seek accurate scientific information about sexuality - for example, the physical and mental health benefits of an active sex life - and are able to put that knowledge into practice.