|A former member||
Tech glitches resolved
Microphone and speakers that are built into the computer DO NOT WORK when using tele-conferencing software. Note to anyone who might be cooking up ideas for presentations in the future using this software, for other virtual presentations. As always, Jim D. has gone above and beyond, he found these Logictech headphones with boom microphone(see post in this section), THAT ROCK.
1) Who would you walk through fire for and to? Stated another way, after a strategic shock, civil unrest starts, markets are out of food, people rioting, someone knocks on the door, and pleads for entry, DO YOU LET THEM IN? These questions, seemingly simple, fueled some interesting discussions.
If they are empty handed, they WILL BE a burden and will draw on what you have stocked, perhaps putting you in an impossible situation in the future where you would have to choose between them and family.
Now if this person showed up with a van full of stockpiled shelf stable food, water, weapons, ammo, barter items, after his house burnt down, I would dust off the RED CARPET for this person, come on in, the party is just getting started.
See the difference...?
2) How complacent we have become, having smart phones with all our numbers, friends and family just a click away. What if you SP went bye-bye, all data lost, no signal, no backup, WHAT NOW BATMAN? Make a written or printed list of important numbers, laminate it, and make sure all family members have a copy. A simple action, cost is pennies, and in a grid down, no SP what peace of mind knowing, I have a laminated business card in my wallet with all the IMPORTANT numbers!!!
Keep in mind that during an 'event', SP and all cell phones will probably NOT WORK. Because everyone is trying to use their phone at once, and the system overloads. It already happened in NYC on 9/11, it WILL happen again. Text will most likely work when voice will not. Make sure you know how to text!!!
3) PRIORITIZE your list of prep items that you want/need.
If you have a medicine that you need to live, and you have a one month supply, what sense does it make to have 6 months of food? Do you take meds that require refrigeration, if power grid is down, how are you going to keep those meds usable? If you haven't already looked, the 'files' section, under 'More' tab, on this very website, has a TON of really great info. One .pdf is a prioritized list of items, some of which, I wouldn't have guessed in a thousand years, they would be in demand. Follow this link;
4) A full freezer will stay frozen for two days, half full one day, with no power. So pack your freezer with water bottles where there is space. They make great ice blocks for coolers, as well as providing ice cold water on hot days.
5) Practice a lights out drill at home with family. Simulate, No water - flush toilet by pouring a bucket of water into the bowl. No electric, flashlights, headlamps, candles, lanterns. perform a first aid drill, draw a fake wound on someone arm, practice bandaging they up. No gas, cook over a camp stove or grill.
6) Using the maps from lesson 1, identify traffic choke points. During rush hour what areas get backed up? Find alternate routes, stay off highways. Find industrial areas where toxic chemicals may be stored or used. In terror plot scenarios, large quantities of chemicals, such as liquid chlorine gas, are shipped all over the country on rail cars and trucks, these are easy targets. Do you have large tanks of liquid chlorine gas in your area? Wouldn't it be nice to know?
More info on identifying chemical threats in the next lessons.
Stay tuned, GET PREPARED, the CRAPstorm is comming, IMHO.
|A former member||
In your mind what is a GPS jammer and what can it do to help you? Only when you are in the situation that the GPS jammer is need you will understand how important and useful such kind of device is. Gaining more knowledge of the device? Just start and then you will have access to the best GPS jammer.