Andre Walker is a founder and Sr. VP at Nevro, a company developing a revolutionary implantable Neuro-stimulation system for treating chronic pain.
Geetha Rao is a Sr. Consultant focused on risk management and regulatory for medical devices. She is an internationally recognized expert in risk management and has served on several international policy making bodies, and as an invited expert to regulatory agencies, including the FDA, ISO Technical Committees, GHTF, and European Notified Bodies.
Andre has been fascinated with electrical devices from an early age and has developed many implantable systems like pacemakers, defibrillators and Neuro-stimulators to treat people in need.
Nevro was founded in 2007 and received CE mark to commercialize their product in Europe in 2010. The company is seeking US FDA approval at the moment.
The system comprises of an implantable electrical stimulator and electrodes. The patient also has a remote control and a transcutaneous battery charger.
• 2007: Company founded with a $5 million seed round
• 2010: Company receives CE mark and starts production
• 2012: Company ships more than 1000 units
• 2014: Company is running an clinical study to support US FDA approval
Learn about MedTech:
- Funding Strategy
- Product Development and Regulatory
- Assembly and Test Implementation
- Lessons Learned
- Future Plans
- Open Q&A
• 6:00 – 7:00 pm – Networking and Food
• 7:00 - 7:40 pm – The Nevro Story
• 7:40 – 8:00 pm – Tour of Hunter Technologies
• 8:00 - 8:30 pm – Networking and Close