** Joint meeting with the 3D Printing for Education Meetup **
• Mike Scrutton, Senior Product Development Manager, Adobe
• Pete Falco, Photoshop 3D Engineering Lead, Adobe
• Andy Lauta, Photoshop Product Manager and 3D Printing Business Strategist, Adobe
Cost: $20; Free to SVForum members, Adobe employees, and educators/teachers (contact either Tammy Fung, tammyfung (at) growshapes (dot) com, or Cheryl Downing, cheryldowning (at) growshapes (dot) com, or call [masked][masked] for the educational code.)
Registration: A "YES" RSVP on our meetup site does not confirm your registration. In order to attend, please register and pay here:
**** Early registration will help us pre-print Adobe's guest badges ****
Learn Adobe’s perspectives on the world of 3D: 3D printing (new!), 3D editing, and downloadable 3D content.
Adobe team members who worked on Adobe Photoshop CC will discuss:
• 3D printing (New!) – Make your 3D model look amazing using Photoshop CC, then easily output to a 3D printer or 3D print service – all from with Photoshop CC. Features include automatic mesh repair and automatic generation of support structure and rafts.
• Powerful 3D editing - Photoshop CC delivers all the 3D editing tools that were previously available only in Photoshop Extended, such as painting, realistic shadows and reflections. Plus, use a 3D Scene panel similar to the Photoshop Layers panel.
• Downloadable 3D content - Create 3D scenes faster using pre-built stages and sets. Use models and meshes to start designing immediately. Add rich, versatile materials to create eye-catching 3D looks. Plus much more.
More information online at Adobe Photoshop CC for 3D Printing.
Senior Product Development Manager, Adobe
As Senior Product Development Manager for Adobe’s Print and Publishing Business Unit, Mike Scrutton leads a team focused on developments in the 3D Printing space. Mike draws on his 20+ years in 2D printing, and extensive understanding of creative and production workflows. He routinely works with OEMs, vendors and end users both within Adobe and externally. Mike has been with Adobe since 1997 and has been responsible for many technologies in the field of PDF, color, and printing, including functionality in Acrobat. A native of the UK, Mike currently lives with his family in the Bay Area.
Photoshop 3D Engineering Lead, Adobe
Pete Falco is the Lead Engineer for 3D functionality in Photoshop. He received his Masters in Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and has over 20 years of experience in the fields of 3D and image processing. He has been on the Photoshop team for 9 years and prior to that was an engineer on QuickTime VR, RealSpace, and Live Picture and was a co-founder of Zoomify.
On arrival, go to the Park Auditorium reception at 321 Park Avenue (Adobe’s “East Tower”), on the corner of Park Ave at S. Almaden Blvd., to pick up your badge.
• Parking is available on site – garage entrances are on Park Avenue and on S. Almaden Blvd.
• Details of Caltrain services to San Jose Diridon Station from San Francisco and the Peninsula can be found at: http://www.caltrain.com/stations/sanjosediridonstation.html. Adobe’s office are a 13 minute walk from the station.
• The nearest VTA Light Rail stop in San Jose is “Convention Center”.
Adobe is the global leader in digital marketing and digital media solutions. Their tools and services allow their customers to create groundbreaking digital content, deploy it across media and devices, measure and optimize it over time, and achieve greater business success. They help their customers make, manage, measure, and monetize their content across every channel and screen.
Murgitroyd & Co.
Murgitroyd & Company now ranks among the largest groups of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys in Europe — with over 75 Patent and Trade Mark Professionals and more than 230 staff, including their Santa Clara office. Murgitroyd & Company has an overwhelming commitment to serving the needs of clients, staff, investors and the communities in which they work and live.
SVForum, a non-profit association, fosters innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership within the Silicon Valley ecosystem of individuals and businesses participating in emerging technologies. (http://www.svforum.org)
About the SIG
The 3D Printing and Scanning Special Interest Group (SIG) provides a forum for technologists and companies, as well as members of the investor community and other interested parties, to discuss the critical aspects of the technology that require improvement, future direction of the technology and to network with one another. The majority of innovation and investment in 3D printing-related technologies to date has not been centered in Silicon Valley, and this SIG aims to contribute to changing this for what is considered by many as the next trillion dollar market. (https://svforum.org/3Dprinting)
6:30PM – 7:00PM Registration & Networking
7:00PM – 7:10PM Announcements & Introductions
7:10PM – 7:20PM A word from our sponsors, Adobe and Murgitroyd & Co.
7:20PM – 8:20PM Adobe Photoshop CC development team
8:20PM – 8:40PM Q&A
8:40PM – 9:00PM Networking