Sacramento Freethinkers Atheists & Nonbelievers (FAN) Message Board › Amy Goodman, Friday, January 13, 2012

Amy Goodman, Friday, January 13, 2012

David J.
user 6514874
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 80
Mind expansion. Next month Sacramento has an opportunity to hear Amy Goodman. I listen to her at 5 am every morning I am awake. To get the clearest uncomercialized in depth coverage of what is happening in the world. I will be going to see her, anyone like to join me?

Amy Goodman, Friday, January 13, 2012, 7:30pm

Amy Goodman is a progressive broadcast journalist, syndicated columnist, investigative reporter and author. Goodman is the principal host of Democracy Now!, an independent global news program broadcast daily on radio, television and the Internet. After graduating from Harvard in 1984 with a degree in anthropology, she spent 10 years as producer of the evening news show at WBAI, Pacifica Radio’s station in New York City. Democracy Now!, which began in 1996, now airs on more than 225 stations across North America. Goodman has received dozens of awards for her work, including the Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award and the George Polk Award as well as the recipient of the 2008 Right Livelihood Award.

Edit 12-16-11

The 2011-2012 Moon Lecture Series

Amy Goodman, Friday January 13, 2012, 7:30pm

St. Mark's United Methodist Church is pleased to announce its lineup for the 2011-2012 Moon Lecture Series

The Bob & Dorrie Moon Lecture Series brings dynamic speakers and liberal Christian authors to the Sacramento community to speak to important ethical issues of our time. Bob and Dorrie endowed this series as a gift and as a challenge to think critically and act ethically.

The Rev. Bob Moon, who recently passed away, retired from being a pastor and leader in the United Methodist Church locally and nationally. He was passionate about progressive issues such as social justice, his faith and intellectual inquiry. We are grateful for his vision in creating this lecture series and for his continuing challenge to stay up on the critical issues of our time.

All lectures will start at 7:30pm and will last approximately one hour, with a twenty-minute Q&A to follow. Lectures with musical performers will add approximately one hour to the program.

$25 per individual lecture.

$15 for students.

Special group rate. No assigned seating.

Location is near Watt Ave and El Camino Ave.
A former member
Post #: 17
I like to watch her "Democracy Now" program. Always thought-filled.

Could you give us the details of her lecture (where, how much, etc.)?