addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Sacramento Freethinkers Atheists & Nonbelievers (FAN) Message Board › a slightly different way we might go about this

a slightly different way we might go about this

Steve T.
user 6020269
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 5
Our second official meetup has shown me that there are a lot of people interested in the community of fellow atheists. The more, the merrier... I say. However, I'm beginning to worry that our meetups might become too much about simply making introductions. May I suggest that folks get to know each other. You don't need me to call meetings. Hang out with each other!

To the folks who live close to downtown... come have brunch with Marcus and I at the Cornerstone this Sunday at 11am. It's the corner of J and 24th. In fact, we hit the Cornerstone almost every Sunday around eleven.

To the folks who live away from downtown, but like to drive... you're welcome to join us. To make things easier on yourselves, I think that Roseville folks should catch Sunday brunch (or whatever) with the other roseville folks. And likewise with our Folsom, Vacaville, Elk Grove and other folks.

I don't want to rush things, gang, but I see so much potential. I look forward to the time when we all know each other, are comfortable with each other and can start earnest study and public service.

If its not too pushy of me folks, please join this discussion. Just post which part of town you live in and try to get together with any of us nearby, godless heathens. Pick some restaurant in your area for a regular weekly brunch (or whatever). Coffee and omelets on Sundays with the fine folks I've meet here at the meetup sounds like a dang good time to me!

Steve
Rachael
Rachael_H
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 2
Did anybody show up last Sunday? (I will be out of town, so I can't this weekend)...

I think that it would work to have just a few people make introductions each week. Especially if there are new people each week.

While I'm giving my two cents, I appreciate your stance of leaving politics out of the meetings. With the exception if there is something that we can support pertaining to separation of church and state, which I think would be fitting for our group (though it could still be separate from our meetings).
Steve T.
user 6020269
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 8
well... i showed up. i go to brunch any sunday that i don't have work.